Empowertech was founded in 1986 by a group of parents, professionals and consumers interested in empowering children and adults with disabilities to be productive and independent through the use of technology.
The goal of Empowertech is to increase awareness, understanding and implementation of assistive technology by children and adults with disabilities.
Empowertech is a member-center of the Alliance for Technology Access, an international network of over forty ATA centers. Empowertech is funded largely through grants from local private, public and corporate foundations. Additional support comes from the kind and generous donations of their members, friends and supporters.
Empowertech services are available for people with disabilities and of all ages. Empowertech welcomes you to participation and encourages you to:
- Call and make an appointment for a collaborative consultation with one of their computer specialists or for technical assistance
- Attend one of their workshops, presentations and/or seminars
- Share your expertise regarding hardware, software, adaptive devices and/or funding sources by becoming a CAC volunteer
- Help develop ongoing community support
- Make a charitable donation
Empowertech serves people based upon need, not income. They do not charge a fee for basic services and include the following:
- Programs suitable for agencies/groups, preschool children, school age children, teachers, parents (or caregivers), adults, and older adults
- Assistive Technology Explorations and Assessments
- Training on AT devices and software
- Blind and Low Vision Presentations and Workshops
6234 West 87th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Voice: (310) 338-1597
TDD & FAX: (310) 338-9318